Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Case of "Pouch Grouch"

My pouch is very angry today. It started last night after dinner and it continued for most of today, although this evening it seems to have settled down a bit. All day today whenever I take a drink I feel like I just...can't....quite....seem....to....swallow....it....all....the...way. It feels stuck. Then around 4pm I sat down to eat my half cup of cottage cheese and wowzers. My pouch was not happy. After three very well chewed, baby spoon sized bites I felt like I had a gigantic rock lodged at the very bottom of my throat. Right about the time I started to get concerned, it seemed to let go and I felt better. I waited ten minutes and then all seemed fine. But then about an hour later I still had the same sensation when I tried to drink water. It didn't complain when I ate my eggs at dinner but I'm absolutely done eating for the day and I'm not even going to have my protein shake before bed. No sense in pissing off the pouch. It was really funky....and I'm hoping that it's gotten rid of it's attitude by tomorrow. Cause I don't want to spend another work day at the surgeon's office. Ugh.

I wanted to update my vlog today but the kids were nuts and I just didn't have enough quiet time to myself. Maybe tomorrow. Yesterday marked my 3 weeks out date. My weight has been s.t.a.l.l.e.d. and I've lost about 6 pounds in the last two weeks but I'm feeling much better about that today. The totally awesome peeps over on the BTV forum made me realize that it's normal and to quote the brilliant Lynnda, "You can't fail as long as you follow the rules." Which I'm doing - so hey, the fat can't hold on forever.

I'm doing better emotionally today as well. After yesterday's good cry and then blogging about everything I was bad-dream free last night. Yay!

And lastly, I wanted to share the fabulous coffee protein shake I've been having every morning. It's based on Amelia's (massagegoddess) but since I didn't care for the Hazelnut flavoring I made it my own. It's simple and yet delightfully wonderful! It doesn't even require a blender. I just shake it up in one of my Blender Bottles and wala - a tasty treat!

10 oz of Skim Milk
1 packet of Nescafe Dark Roast Instant Coffee
1 TBSP of sugar free french vanilla creamer
1 scoop of Vanilla protein powder (I use the GNC Whey because that's what's in the house)

Shake, shake, shake....and you have, what to me tastes just like a Starbucks Vanilla Frappucino from the cold case at the grocery store! Heaven in a Blender Bottle.

Hope to 'see' you all this weekend in my next Vlog!

xoxo
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment