Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stalled

Stalled.
Stuck.
The scale just ain't movin.

Over Christmas break the scale and I were madly in love. Every morning I'd get up, go pee and then joyfully climb onto my digital pal & await the sweet nothings he whispered in my ear. He gave me a minus one at least every morning...and on one beautiful sunshiny day he gave me a minus three. My heart fluttered. He loved me!! He really loved me!!

But I think he's found another. Every day for the past 7 days he's said "315." Followed the next day by "314." And immediately trailed by "315." 314. 315. 314. 315. Rinse and repeat.

I keep trudging along though. Unlike my last stall, this time I know it's just part of the game. It's part of the WLS highway and so I'm okay with it. This time I know for sure it's just temporary and that my body will once again get the memo and come out of it's hold pattern.

One thing I need to do is take my measurements. I've heard over and over that during these stalls we're usually continuing to lose inches. And since I've been working out (go me!) I'm sure the inches are coming off.....I just need to get out my handy dandy tape measurer and let him crush on me for awhile.

Maybe then the scale will get jealous and start to love me again. *giggle*

xoxo,
Therese

No comments:

Post a Comment