Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hip, Hip, Hooray!

It's been awhile since I've posted a blog so I thought I'd come on tonight and share a few updates. First of all, I finally broke through my last stall. Yay! Last time I posted I was stuck somewhere around 318 pounds. I'm happy to report that I'm down to 298 today!! It feels amazing to be below that 300 pound mark. It's been a very long time since I've seen 299 or less and I couldn't be happier with my total loss, which stands at minus 81 pounds.

Secondly, today a super groovy cool thing happened! Lately all of my clothes are just hanging on me and it's driving me mad. So this afternoon I decided to dig deep into the cavern of my closet and see if I could find any of my old clothes that are smaller sizes. I found a pair of Levi jeans that I didn't even know I'd ever owned - they were a size 24. Six weeks before my surgery I was at my highest weight ever, 379 pounds and a size 32. The clothes I've been wearing lately are all size 28s. So when I discovered these size 24 Levis I laughed to myself and figured there was no way in hell they were going to fit me. But I tried them on anyway -- and they buttoned. And they zipped. And they were comfortable.


*blink*
*blink*
*blink*

*insert happy dance here*

I'm over the moon and I think I'm going to wear them for the next three days straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment