Saturday, February 20, 2010

Nutrition Info for Latte Shake

Hola friends! After my last post someone asked me to blog about the nutritional info in the protein shake I drink every morning. You can find the ingredients in the blog immediately before this one. Here are the nutritional stats, as per my handy dandy Lose It program on my ipod:

Calories: 264
Fat: 6.9g
Carbs: 26g
Fiber: 0
Sugars: 24.8g
Protein: 26.2g (woo hoo!)

Reminder: I make mine with skim milk and I use 10 ounces instead of 8. I also use only 3/4 of a serving of the protein powder because, for me, the calories and protein content are too high otherwise. I generally make it with Vanilla powder but I do like it with Chocolate as well. If I have it in the evening I use decaf instead of regular coffee and it tastes just as good.

I made a video on my YouTube channel about the recipe and you can view it here. (Fast forward to about 2 minutes in to avoid some of the useless chatter at the beginning. haha)


As for me, I'm still holding at 290 pounds - no loss for about 4 or 5 days but that's okay. I've been working out a lot more lately and even had a session at the gym with a personal trainer. Muscle weighs more than fat so I'm okay with losing inches and staying the same on the scale for a while.

'Til Next Time,
xoxoxoxo
Therese

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget, muscles burn fat, so the more muscles you have, the higher your metabolism is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete