Monday, November 30, 2009

Mind Games

This is a post I made today on one of my WLS message boards. I thought I'd share it here....

This Wednesday (the 2nd of Dec) will be my 3 week surgiversary. I have lost 39 pounds to date, but 23 of those were lost pre-surgery. I lost 11 pounds in the first week - but in the last 12 days I've only lost 5 pounds. I keep hearing that everyone stalls so I'm trying to relax but this just seems like a really long time to go with only losing 5 pounds, especially since "you never lose like you do that first year!" etc..... I'm sure I'm over-reacting, so please reassure me! I started at 379 and I'm grateful to be at 340....but I'm getting worried and frustrated about the rate of loss.

My other concern is the amount of food I eat. Two weeks ago when I first cleared for pureed and soft foods I could barely eat 1oz of food, and I was supposed to work up to 4oz at a meal. (half a cup) I am now able to eat right at one half cup....but when I portion out that much, it seems like a lot. I know in my head that this is what I'm supposed to be having, but I feel like I should be still having these tiny 1 or 2 oz servings. Tonight for dinner I had 1 egg and 3oz of cottage cheese. Even my husband remarked jokingly that it looked like I could "feed a bariatric family of four" with the food on my plate. I guess I'm worried about the size of my pouch - is it too big? Is it stretched out? Did I do something wrong to enlarge it? Also, since my surgery I have never once been sick from anything I've eaten. I hear others talk about how they couldn't get anything down, etc.... and I feel like maybe there's something wrong with me because nothing has made me sick. Yes, I am following all of the pouch rules and I haven't eaten anything outside of my surgeon's perimeters. But still, I know other people do and yet they still get sick.

I track my food daily using OH's Health Tracker and I consume an average of about 600 calories per day right now. Is that too much???

Help



No comments:

Post a Comment